Happy New Year and Happy New Decade!!!
What if we flow into this new decade with a little more intention and a little less rigid resolutions? What if we listened to our own body and took action based on our wants and needs vs socially inflicted have-to’s? Imagine discarding all expectation and giving ourselves permission to just be. It is still healthy to set goals, but what if we allowed more room for manifestation and visualization instead of constant ‘doing’. Resolutions should inspire us and encourage us to be the best version of ourselves and not become someone else. That’s why the only resolution I encourage you to take this year is to take better care of yourself and make more intentional choices about your habits. Here are a few suggestions on how to stay grounded and centered:
- Develop a healthy morning routine – whatever it looks like for you. I wake up at 5am, meditate and do yoga. A solid morning routine keeps you grounded and sets the tone for the whole day.
- Clear up your home and closet – Only keep what makes you absolutely happy and brings joy into your life, purge everything else. Minimizing your possessions is healthy for your well being and for the environment. Be intentional about everything you own.
- Plan on self-care as you plan for your business appointments. We all know if it’s not in our calendar, it didn’t happen. So fill your calendar with the things you love to do – get a massage, get a facial or a body treatment, get your nails done, read a book, go on a hike, relax in the salt cave, and don’t compromise on this time. You are more important than any business appointment! If you take your self-care seriously, you will work with that much more pleasure and efficiency.
- Take time to connect with people you love! Laughter and good times is essential to our energy replenishing. So don’t discount the time with friends and family, even if you are really tired. You will never regret connectedness.
- Keep growing and learning. Take time to read and grow, participate in programs and conferences that fuel your passion. That’s how we reap inspiration by seeing others inspired by the same cause.
How will you commit to yourself this year?