Salt Therapy, also referred to as Halotherapy, is a drug-free holistic therapy that recreates the microclimate of a salt cave and helps treating respiratory conditions such as cold, flu, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, sinus infections, sinusitis, rhinitis, hay fever and emphysema. In addition, the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of salt therapy effectively treat skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. Salt Therapy can dramatically enhance sports and singing performances and improve lung function by increasing lung capacity and stamina. It has no side effects and helps build your immune system.
There is no special gear required for the treatment, except for socks, since no shoes are allowed inside the Salt Cave. The temperature inside the Salt Rooms is regular room temperature. You may wear anything that you are comfortable in and you will remain entirely clothed for the whole 45 minute session. If you do have skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis, we welcome you to wear shorts and light T-shirt to expose your skin to salt as much as possible.
Halotherapy, also referred to as Salt Therapy, is a 100% drug free holistic therapy, that recreates the micro-climate of a Himalayan Salt Cave, where all walls and floor are completely covered with Salt. Halogenerator grinds and disperses pharmaceutical grade salt in high concentration inside the room, which is what patients breathe during a 45 minute session. Salt Therapy uses the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of salt to bring inflammation down inside sinuses, open airways and loosen up the mucous from the chest, leaving you breathing easier. Salt Therapy dramatically enhances lung function and boosts stamina for sportsmen and singers as well as treats a list of respiratory and skin conditions.
Dry salt aerosols are dispersed into a room where the walls and floor are covered with Himalayan pure salt. A negative ion and antibacterial environment is created by the salt on the walls and floor. You just sit back and relax in our tranquil salt room whilst listening to ambient music with low level mood lighting. Clinical studies have shown that salt therapy reduces inflammation in the respiratory tract and aids in mucous clearing, leaving patients breathing easier.
Over 50 million Americans suffer from Allergies — and they are especially prevalent in Las Vegas. Allergies occur when your body gives an unnatural response to harmless substances. Medical treatment of allergies can prove to be expensive and not without side effects. If you suffer from allergies, Halotherapy brings you hope of a long term, drug-free relief.
- Breathing difficulties / chest tightness
- Bronchitis / Chronic bronchitis
- Colds & Flu
- Ear infections
- Hay fever
- Pneumonia (post-acute)
- Sinusitis/sinus inflammation
- Smoker’s cough
- Snoring / Sleep Apnea
- Stress and fatigue
It is definitely safe for children. There are no potential harmful effects. The treatment is completely natural and in fact, children often respond to treatment faster than adults. At Salt Room LV, we have both an Adults’ and Children’s therapy rooms. Children can play with toys while receiving the benefits of salt therapy.
The results vary greatly among individuals and the condition that is being treated. Some conditions and milder symptoms will improve or dissipate within just a couple of sessions. You may even feel relief after one session; however, for the best results we recommend a series of treatments. Those with chronic conditions most likely need to come several times a week for the first 6-8 weeks. Those who come for stress relief and relaxation simply come as often as they like. For many conditions, after a series of sessions, symptoms subside and relief can last for several months before another session is needed. It can also be used as a preventative measure to strengthen the immune system against colds, cough, allergies, and sinusitis.
Halotherapy is not recommended for individuals with the following conditions:
- Existence or suspicion of cancer
- Any kind of infectious disease
- Acute respiratory disease
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Cardiac and coronary diseases
- COPD with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
- Coughing of blood/bleeding
- Infections accompanied by fever
- High blood pressure/hypertension in IIB stage
- Any form or stage of tuberculosis
- Chronic kidney disease
- All internal diseases of decompensation
Typically there are none. Few individuals have experienced a slight throat tickle which can be treated with gargling warm to hot water. In cases with an individual that is highly sensitive they can experience slight skin irritation or red patches; however, they go away after a few sessions. If you experience increased coughing due to mucous buildup that means the salt therapy treatment is working. This is the body’s natural way of draining the mucous buildup.
No. We recommend to continue your medications as you need and as directed by your doctor. Since salt therapy is all-natural it does not have any interactive effects with medications. Often, individuals who undergo salt therapy will find that they are less dependent on certain medication and that their symptoms are less frequent and less severe.
Salt naturally absorbs bacteria. The walls and floor of the rooms in the Salt Cave are covered with salt which creates an almost sterile environment. In addition, our ventilation system works throughout the entire session to circulate the air in the room, exhausting used air out and clean, fresh air in. There is no recycling of air back into the rooms. Chairs, tables, toys, books, and magazines are wiped down frequently.
Salt Room LV walls and floor are covered in layers of salt. In the adult suite you will have comfortable recliners to relax in. The lights will dim and you can choose to listen to relaxing music, read a book or magazine, meditate, or simply rest. The temperature and humidity in the rooms are controlled to provide an optimal experience. You will find pure relaxation and tranquility away from your everyday stress leaving you rejuvenated and fully energized. The children’s suite is designed to bring fun and enjoyment with toys, books, and puzzles while they receive their salt therapy treatment. All sessions will be 45 minutes.
- On your first visit, please arrive 20 minutes early to fill out new client paperwork
- Salt Therapy sessions begin promptly at the top of the hour. Sessions are 45 minutes and once started, no one can enter the Salt Cave.
- Please wear (bring) socks, NO shoes allowed in the Salt Cave. If you forgot yours, we will have socks for retail at the register.
- Dress comfortable; however, no special attire is required for the treatment. Temperature of the Salt Cave is 75-77F. If you have skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis, try to expose those areas by wearing light T-shirts and shorts. You may also reserve our private salt room if you would prefer not exposing those areas in public.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes or fragrances in the treatment rooms. They may interfere with the Salt Therapy.
- No food or drinks allowed inside the Salt Cave, except bottles of water.
- Please turn off all cell phones or put them on silent. We cannot be held responsible for any damage the salt may cause to electronic devices.
- Please be mindful of others who try to meditate or relax. Do not talk inside the Salt Cave. You are welcome to reserve our private salt room if you plan on visitong us with a friend and having a social hour.
While going to the beach and breathing in the ocean’s salt air is great for the body, salt therapy takes that feeling to a whole new level. The effects of breathing in the dry salt aerosol in our salt rooms are far greater than that of breathing in wet air from the ocean. Dry salt is able to move through both the upper and lower respiratory tracts where wet salt can only reach the upper airways. Dry salt is negatively charged, therefore, able to revive cilia and speed up its motion. The cilia line our respiratory tract and are covered by a layer of mucous. When a foreign particle such as dust is inhaled, the job of the cilia is to beat causing the mucous to travel towards your mouth so it can be coughed out. Salt therapy speeds up that process and in some cases where that process is non-existent it works to get it started.